1000 Islands Kayaking is seeking highly-motivated part-time operational staff. The ideal candidates will have excellent customer service skills to ensure that customers coming into the facility are greeted and managed appropriately to ensure they are safe, knowledgeable and have a good experience. They should also have a good working knowledge of the 1000 Islands tourism industry to assist clients both before and after their program. Individuals must be able to work in a high-pace environment and organize tasks for various program managers. Operational staff will interact with clients from around the world and must be able to describe programs in detail, complete the booking process, and prepare boats and associated equipment for client use.
Location: This position will be based out of our Gananoque, ON location (110 Kate St).
Hours: Part-time. Hours of operation are from 8:00am – 8:00pm, 7 days a week during season.
Start Date: September 2021
End Date: This season ends the Thanksgiving long weekend (October 11, 2021). Qualified candidates will also be invited back next season to join our staff team. Start with us now and have a job for next summer as well!
- Respond to walk-in clients and telephone calls, providing exceptional customer service including describing programs and assisting with client inquiries.
- Greet and manage clients who are in the facility to participate in programs, ensuring they are informed of safety and other operational considerations
- Manage in-person bookings and process payments accurately
- Manage rental clients, including providing a rental orientation to clients
- Move, prepare and clean boats and equipment used for various programs
- Organize and maintain client information to ensure efficient flow of operations in the facility
- Ensure the facility is kept clean, and that food handling areas adhere to the Food Handling and Safety regulations
- Communicate with program staff, administrator and General Manager
- Assist administrator and General Manager to assign boats and equipment to meet program requirements
Skills + Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to speak in both official languages – English / French is an asset
- Good computer skills to operate customer reservation and other related systems
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Good sense of humor and likes working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
- Friendly and professional customer service etiquette
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds to move boats and other related equipment
- Knowledge of kayaking and ability to describe the specifics of our programs such as; what is included, risks, route itineraries and benefits of the experience
- Detailed knowledge of other local tourism opportunities to assist with trip planning and retention of visitors in the area. Give references for accommodations, restaurants, parks, attractions, and activities
- Ability to manage projects of varying size and scope simultaneously while prioritizing appropriately
- Current Standard First Aid Certification and Safe Food Handling is required (can achieve during Summer if you do not already have these certifications)
About 1000 Islands Kayaking
1000 Islands Kayaking is a unique opportunity for people to engage with the 1000 Islands and experience the area. We maintain a close partnership with the Thousand Island National Park and Biosphere Reserve to deliver high quality educational tours of the islands. We continue to promote high standards of safety and quality within our programs.
We offer excellent internal training opportunities with plenty of guidance and documented resources for staff. Integration and support is an important and ongoing part of our culture. We believe in empathetic leadership and encourage creativity while appreciating efficiency of systems management.
We are a customer service-based company located out of Gananoque, Ontario. We offer guided full day, half day, and 3-day camping trips as well as self-guided rentals. We also work with local school boards to promote paddling activities for school groups and various organizations. During the summer months we also offer skills courses, boat shuttle services and operate a small retail space.
What we offer
- Competitive wages
- Exciting, fast-paced, fun work environment
- Paid courses for professional development
- Internal paid training
- Use of kayaks for personal trips (subject to availability and liability waiver)
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday September 10, 2021. Applicants chosen to move forward in the selection process will be contacted by email or phone to schedule an interview. Only successful candidates will be contacted. No need to follow-up. Start date will be agreed as part of the offer of employment.
Thank you on behalf of the 1000 Islands Kayaking Team for your interest!